Organic Foods-A life changer and life saver
The major desire of most human beings in this world to live a healthy life. This desire has made the man to implement several changes in their day to day life like doing meditation, yoga, exercises and eating organic foods. Among the above factors organic food is gaining more importance in each and every sector of food industries. On the other side most of us have this doubt “Does eating organic food improves our life”. The advertisement and labeling of organic in the cover and tins of food materials will not assure it is organic, as the food crops have to be grown without the use of inorganic fertilizers and pesticides.
According to the organic trade association (OTA), the farmers have to process the land without the use of pesticides and chemicals for at least three years. The main objective of this article to create awareness about the health benefits of organic food and how to change the food preferences from inorganic food to organic food.
What is organic and inorganic Food?
The food materials which are devoid of harmful chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers, artificial colors, flavors and preservatives are termed as organic food. The food without added antibiotics and artificial agents are also termed as organic food. The food which is ready to cook, pre processed food items, commercial foods, baked and frozen items, food materials which are grown by using fertilizers and pesticides are classified as inorganic food.
Eating a food, whether it is an organic and organic will give us the same nutrients and vitamins. Now days we can see the organic label in many food items like groceries, vegetables, and fruits at retail shops, markets, online stores and malls with a higher retail price.
Even though the organic food is costlier, people show their interest to buy the organic food items because of the health benefits like
- The organic foods provides whole meal enriched with nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- It detoxifies the body by removing the toxic effects of inorganic food.
- It increases the metabolic rate of the body as it has lots of antioxidants.
- The organic meats and dairy products devoid of antibiotics and steroids do not produce hormonal imbalances in the younger generations.
- The absence of artificial flavors and preservatives made it friendlier to our gut.
- Free of toxic metals makes it healthier.
- Tastier and yummy.
- Reduces the exposure of farmer and farm workers to toxic and carcinogenic chemical materials.
- Makes the soil fertile and healthy.
- Preserves the environment by the reduction of the air and water pollutants.
- Increases the natural habitats and preserves the ecosystem.
Is it mandatory to buy organic food?
The answer to the above question is: ‘It is purely the customer choice’. Many people are not able to buy organic products, since the cost is the deciding factor. If the person is more interested in nutritious food, then there is no need to buy organic food for him. On the other side if the person is really interested in pesticide free food, then the choice is organic food.
The inorganic food ia also rich in nutrients and vitamins. We can reduce its toxic content. One of the easiest ways to remove the pesticides from the vegetables and fruits is by washing the vegetables and fruits in running cool water and by peeling the skins before cooking and eating.
Other healthier Options
- There are many options available for the people to buy organic food items. They are listed below
- If you have the idea of buying organic cereals and lentils, then buy them in large quantities directly from the farms of organic farmers. This option not only saves the money and time from the customer side, but it encourages the organic farming
- Cultivate your own veggies in your gardens and terrace of your home. This method will surely save money, and it increases our inner stamina and happiness.
- Try to cook the food at home. Making the food at home saves your health and money.
- See the ingredients in the food containers instead of seeing the brands.
- Select and buy a variety of food materials from different stores as it is less prone to the same type of pesticides.
Myths and facts of Organic food
- Most of the people believe that genetically modified organisms (GMOS) and crops are organic. Even though if we grow these types of crops organically, the genes are muted one. It causes health issues to the human beings.
- The organic baked food items, pesticide free potato fries and sticks are not organic, since it has artificial preservatives.
- The vegetables and fruits are covered with a polished cover are not organic. Instead the food grown without chemicals is organic.
- All food items purchased in the highly sophisticated supermarket are organic. But the real fact is they are made fresh by spraying some chemicals.
To summarize, eating organic food clearly increases the quality of the life. Every one should encourage the practicing of organic farming, including the government. Agriculture is the backbone of our country’s economy, the government should ban the usage of inorganic fertilizers and pesticides. The government should give subsidiary income to the farmers for doing organic farming. The practicing of growing livestock such as goat, cows also improves the quality of lifestyle.
As an individual one should make an oath to buy products directly from the farmers. This oath will see a prosperous growth of agriculture and farming. As a final quote we should remember what the great organic Tamizh farming revolutionist Nammazhvar’s said “Farming is not a way of producing crops to make money”. “It is a way of living, and a way of living that is possible, even in the 21st century”. Yes, it is possible in this modern century, if everyone appreciates the value and importance of organic farming and organic food.
“EAT ORGANIC FOOD, SAVE YOUR LIFE AND LIFE OF EARTH”
- or1: https://www.kellogggarden.com/blog/community/5-reasons-to-grow-organic-food-for-a-healthier-family/
- organic food: https://versionweekly.com/news/health-news/organic-vs-non-organic-food-study/