Is There a Demand for Electrical Engineers in Future?
“Let Peace be Amplified, World be Rectified”
One of the most sought after disciplines in the field of engineering study, which comprises with the electrical engineering and electronics engineering.
Opportunities for employment are readily available in public sector companies & enterprises dealing with design, manufacture and application of electronic devices & equipment, communication systems, radio & television radar & navigational aids, process control computer hardware & software etc.
What does an Industry expect from an Electrical Engineer?
- Thorough knowledge of Electrical Machine.
- Sound knowledge of basics of Power System and Electrical machine like Transformer, Generator and Induction Machine.
- To know the behavior of Generator under steady state as well as during transient.
- To be master in power system protection like Distance protection for line, Power Swing, Overall differential protection, REF protection, SEF etc.
- Understanding of the basics of Power System and Electrical machines, Power Electronics, Control System and Electronics. Microprocessor.
- VFD programming.
Skill sets for an Electrical Engineer
- Should know how to make Circuit design
- To Apply linear systems theory and analysis
- Develop electrical schematics
- Data collection and analysis
- Build and operate computer systems
- Prepare operational plans
- Electronic equipment maintenance
- Direct construction activities and equipment upkeep
- Design power delivery systems for efficient and reliable operations
- Improve power generation and distribution
- Use electronics for power conversion
- Maintain and secure power systems
- Use mathematical techniques to process or transform signals
- Optimize digital signal processing for a variety of operations
- Create system architecture and algorithms
- Develop mathematical models for the structures of electrical systems
- Understand and apply the principles of digital communication systems
- Implement computer networks and control structures
- Construct and maintain local area networks, wide area networks and wireless networks
- Model wireless communication channel effects and employ modulation techniques
- Computer-aided drafting tools for circuit diagrams and electrical schematics
- Power system and circuit simulators to analyze and test designs
- Project management software to track tasks, labour and costs
- Computing software for operations including differential equations, linear algebra and curve fitting
- Must have Knowledge of an object-oriented language like C++, that can be highly useful for tasks like designing computing equipment and building hardware simulations.
Softwares an EEE professional should know
- PLC Programming
- Networking Software
- AUTOCAD 2D
- AC/DC Drive
- Programming languages – C,C++,JAVA,Oracle,Script logic,android
Nature of Work
- Designing and overseeing the installation of electrical systems in buildings
- Undertaking relevant research
- Implementing designs
- Creating test procedures
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Analysing and interpreting data
- Attending meetings and giving presentations
- Electrical Engineers are required to be up to date with the latest information at all times
Specializations in Electrical & Electronics Engineering:
- Signal Processing
- Computer Engineering
- Power Electronics
- Embedded Systems
- Power Systems engineering (including renewable energy)
What does an Electrical Engineer do?
Electronics engineers typically do the following:
- Design electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications
- Analyze customer needs and determine the requirements, capacity, and cost for developing an electrical system plan
- Develop maintenance and testing procedures for electronic components and equipment
- Evaluate systems and recommend design modifications or equipment repair
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, and systems to make sure they meet safety standards and applicable regulations
- Plan and develop applications and modifications for electronic properties used in parts and systems in order to improve technical performance
Electronics engineers who work for the federal government research, develop, and evaluate electronic devices used in a variety of areas, such as aviation, computing, transportation, and manufacturing. They work on federal electronic devices and systems, including satellites, flight systems, radar and sonar systems, and communications systems.
Job Fields & Top Recruiters
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd
- Durgapur steel plant
- OMEGA Elevator
- CONE Elevator
- ALSTOM India Power project
- Everest Industry
- ZENITH Construction etc
- L&T Construction and STEEL
- Tata Metallic
- Tata Motors
- Jay Balaji Steel
- Tata Steel & Power Limited
- State Electricity Board
- TRF Ltd
- Jindal Steel & Power Limited
- Hindustan Motor
- Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Broadcast engineer
- Manufacturing systems engineer
- Systems analyst
- IT consultant
- Systems developer
- Network engineer
The salary range of electrical engineers differs as per industry, location and their qualifications. An electrical engineer earns an average salary of INR 426, 384 per annum. The average salary of a design engineer is INR 453, 235 per year. The salary increases with your experience in the industry.
Best Electrical Engineering Colleges in India
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Madras
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT BHU Varanasi
- IIT Guwahati
- MNNIT Allahabad
- VIT, Vellore
- PSG college of Technology, Coimbatore
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Erode
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Kongu Engineering College, Erode
For Electrical Engineering Admission
at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology – Click here
For Contact –
Call : +91-89401 26000,