HOW TO IMPROVE CYBER SECURITY – A VAST THREAT TO YOUR DATA
Cyber Security is the shared responsibility of every individual and business unit. An organization should play a key role in properly safeguarding and using private, sensitive information and organizational resources. Cyber Security defend the hackers and prevent them from hacking the data again in future. With these cybersecurity services, you do not need to worry about the data and no need to keep the backup after regular interval of time. The main challenge is Cybersecurity and IT security for your business or data. If you secured then no virus can harm you or no hacker can affect your data. 61% of Security & IT professionals believe their organizations will be the target of an advanced attack within the next 6 months. (1)
Steps To Improve Cyber Security
Cyber Security Consultants And Experts:- Hire a team of professional Cyber Security consultant that can take care of your data at a reasonable price.
Data Encryption:-You can encrypt your data for security. In future, you can decrypt anytime with a key. Be accountable for your IT assets and data, Adhere to Policy on the use of IT services and facilities. Do not store sensitive information in a portable device without strong encryption.
Antivirus Software:-Buy antivirus and install it on your system. This will save your system from internet virus and keep your files from being corrupt. Keep your antivirus up-to-date for better result. Some software update automatically when connecting to the internet, and this is a good idea. There are various antivirus software coming, only get that one which suits your requirement and budget. In addition, the other important thing does not turn off the antivirus, always keep it on. (2)
- Sometimes unknown files are started downloading automatically, and this is an important step to disconnect your internet and delete the file. Don’t open email attachments from unknown sources, don’t click on links embedded. Don’t Install unauthorized programs on your work computer. Malicious applications often pose as legitimate software. Contact your IT support staff to verify if an application may be installed.
- IT security also play an important role. For example, if unknown login access showing. Then it is important to change all the account credentials at the same time without being delayed.
- Backup is also important, Always keep the backup of the data after a regular interval of time, if you are not able to hire the cybersecurity consultant. You can use the remote could control server.
- Do scan all email attachments for viruses before opening them, use a digital signature to send emails. Be aware of your surroundings when printing, copying, faxing or discussing sensitive information. Pick up information from printers, copiers or faxes in a timely manner. (3)
- Choose well-known or trustworthy e-shopping sites, check the trustworthiness of the e-commerce website (e.g. checking the SSL certificate). Don’t make any e-shopping transactions using computers in Internet café, don’t share your IDs with others.
- Do keep your passwords or passphrases confidential, make sure that your password strength is strong and change it regularly. Don’t share them with others or write them down. You are responsible for all activities associated with your credentials.
- Give Training to the individuals regarding data saving and how to stay away from malware, virus through email etc. However, employee’s ignorance of threat and virus is the main thing and hackers very well known about this
Information security is crucial in the organization. So it is crucial and important that everyone in an organization have knowledge and understanding about the importance of information security practice to protect the confidential data. (4)