“Being appreciated and valued for our work is a wonderful thing. It will keep us inspired to thrive in life!” – Anonymous
A great appreciation for our great effort has rendered by the All India Council for Technical Education.
Our Bannari Amman Institute of Technology has been appreciated and awarded at the National level by the AICTE for the Best Practices followed by our institution.
Award for Clean & Smart Campus by AICTE
India is facing one of its major and most serious water crisis in recent times. To address the issue among the growing generation to understand the importance of water conservation, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) announced the award ‘Clean & Smart Campus Award-2019’ to recognize the effort of the institutes for attaining the intended objectives.
The award aims to seek engagement with all stakeholders, primarily the student community to draw their attention towards the immense scope and potential that the Technology offers for abstract objectives such as cleanliness, sustainability, environment etc.
Clean and Smart Campus is also expected to facilitate dialogue and sharing of ideas among students, faculty and administrators towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The AICTE council appreciated the Bannari Amman Institute of Technology and given the Certificate of Appreciation for following Best Practices under the award category of Clean and Smart Campus Awards 2019 and one more appreciation for its significant contribution in Jal Shakti Abhiyan, an initiative at AICTE.
During the evaluation, an expert committee from the AICTE council visited Bannari Amman Institute of Technology campus. They verified the claims of the institution based on the below-listed criteria,
- Cleanliness in and around the campus and waste minimization.
- Water conservation and management including wastewater management and reuse, rainwater harvesting, etc
- Environment-friendly activities adopted and practised by the campus
- Greenery within the campus to provide pollution-free air and carbon-sink
- Impact of deployment of digital technology for the students, faculty and management in the campus to reduce consumption of natural resources (such as paper, gas, energy, etc).
- Alignment of the latest digital trends like IoT, Big Data and Cloud Networking to achieve various aspects of sustainability in the campus, specifically to contribute to United Nations SDGs
- Create an ecosystem to ‘smartly’ connect and share the information with each other on campus, institute and national level. Any international level connects will provide a distinct advantage. The smart connect, through cloud networking, so established should address concerns of environmental challenges including contribution to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Our Bannari Amman Institute of Technology has levelled up in all the criteria and got the National level award and appreciation from the AICTE council.